Loving Our Children Brings Special Joys and is One of The Clearest Ways We Become More Like Jesus...Soul Matters: For Moms

Monday, April 11, 2011

Testing My Sanity Over and Over and Over

This week has been one of those weeks- though it has nothing to do with the kids, it is the airing of The Kennedys that I have been waiting for. It is like reading those dang Twilight books ALL OVER AGAIN! I mean, I don't understand why my children can't understand that I need this week off from fighting and complaining and needing to eat or wipe their bottoms or just plain needing me. Not that these shows last all day every day, but you know how when you are into something, your brain just only wants to focus on that subject. I just wish I could be that way with exercise and dieting. Anywho...the shows were awesome and I have been in a mini depression over something that I knew happened and it was like almost 50 years ago! To see it this way, made me feel like I was part of this family and I now had to mourn- crazy, I know! This is why I tell my husband I cannot watch scary movies- I get way too into movies and it takes a while to shake them after I have watched them.
OK, about the kids since that is what this blog is all about. why is it that the kids demand your attention more when you have something to do or you need to make a phone call or clean the house? I mean, whenever I have nothing to do (like that happens much) they get along and don't care to play with me, but the moment I decide to do something, everything goes catastrophic! I was trying to clean the kitchen the other day and I thing all three kids had a meltdown about something completely unrelated to the other and in 3 different rooms in the house . It was amazing. I just had to stop for a moment and say "Really kids?" I was in amazement over how well they choreographed the meltdowns. Then I had to have the Fo Sho meltdown that stopped them in their tracks which leads me back to The Kennedys that I was watching. I mean, Rose had 9 children and Ethel had 11 children! What secret am I missing? Is it because I am a Southerner (we are suppose to be crazy) or that I am not Catholic or just that I need a few more kids then somehow my sanity is brought back??? Please someone be kind and fill me in on the secret!
Like tonight, Sienna and Kassidy would not stay in the shower. So, I yelled at them to stop running and stay in there or someone would fall and get hurt! Sure enough as soon as I said that Sienna slipped and hit her chin on the entrance to the shower. Two hours later (and a sprained wrist that I got holding her down), we left MEA with 2 stitches. He wanted to do more, but she was freaking out so bad, that he felt 2 would be perfectly fine. The twins were acting like they were on some drug the entire time and on the car ride back home. While trying to calm the twins and get them ready for bed, Sienna found the spackling that Jonathan was about to use on the wall right before she cut her chin and decided to lick some of it! I mean we had not been home for 10 minutes! So, here I go calling poison control. Luckily, she was fine and went to bed fast. Oh, and then Kassidy started saying her toe hurts. So when I looked at it- ingrown toe nail! Whoop! Whoop! Come on Jake- it is your turn. Well, actually not considering all his past injuries.
So now everyone is sound asleep in their own beds and I get to take a bath and try to relax! I am leaving you guys on a funny and sweet note! Jake asked me this afternoon while we were eating some Nutter Butters, "Mom, are these the fruits of the Spirit?" I mean, I need to do better about explaining the food groups to my children! I wish a Nutter Butter was a fruit and would be even better if eating them brought me closer to God, but they don't and I had to tell him no. He took it quite well. In fact he didn't seem to care at all. It is like everything in this precious little mind of his just uses the process of elimination DAILY to figure this world out!

No comments:

Post a Comment